Saturday, April 16, 2011

New Year Rush

This has been the most tiresome new year so far.  I do like spending time picking out gifts and shopping of course, but i don`t think i wanna go shopping for the next 6 months or so.Plus i would`ve enjoyed buying gifts if i`m allowed to go alone, i do think its a lil insane that a girl/woman past 25yrs is still under strict parental supervision.
anyway week started with an almsgiving my mom had planned. Mom`s and my new sis-in-law`s(s-i-l) B`days was that week too,and s-i-l`s aunt passed away so the day before new year was spent at the funeral.
I`m not being judgmental but i actually expected s-i-l to go to her aunts and be there for the family cz she always tells me that they were raised by their aunts and uncles. She didn`t seem to wanna go there much and went with us just for the funeral. Maybe its her way of dealing with it. why do i care about all of this? cz my mom said that s-i-l knows how to live with ppl and make a lot of friends. That is indeed true, she hugs my mom everytime she comes over, and compliments the food or what she wears etc. she never says anything looks bad or tastes bad. I on the other hand have the `bad` habit of speaking the truth. If i can`t eat something(that tastes bad) i don`t pretend to like it, i just say i can`t eat it. Now i`ve learned that many ppl would rather hear white lies so, i`ve learned to stay quiet most of the time.


Dropped by a friend`s place with my parents, they were just so happy to see us. I`ve known her since grade 6, her place is probably the only house that i`ve felt `homely`, eventhough i`ve only been there a couple of times over the years.

Months keep passing by and i`m still at the same place and time.......

5 comments:

  1. Why is life so complicated? Do you think that it is you and I who make it so or is it an inevitability of life?

    ReplyDelete
  2. GS - I Think its in the way we get attached to it, and react...am i making sense?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes. Is the answer to stop being who I am and change?

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think things we experience shapes us into who we are today...

    ReplyDelete

Classroom to Learn Lessons or a Cosmic Joke?

  Same old unconscious patterns Same old drama you are too familiar with Same old manipulators pulling strings, thinking you can't see t...