Saturday, July 9, 2016

Lessons Learnt

Someone has created this wonderful facebook page where all of the childhood story books have been uploaded. Stories that I have read 25 years ago.During a time when we didn`t have internet or even facebook. Yes I do sound like an old person, but there was a time that I was offended when someone tells me that I sound like an old person (when I refuse to go partying, going to bed by 9p.m...etc), but now that I'm 32, I have never been happier or wiser.

I now know that,

I absolutely hate drinking, I hate the taste of it, I hate the smell of it and can`t stand it. Hollywood makes you think that its all glamorous and people have more fun after having alcohol, and even to 'be cool' you must be the 'drinking kind'. After trying to be someone I'm not and pretending to like the taste of it just to 'fit in' , now I have even left a corporate job (where after parties was a requirement for career advancement) and settled in  a small company. I don`t have to lie to myself or make myself do these things. Those who wanna party all night can do so, and I always am happy to cuddle with a book or my headphones by myself.


I need to choose very carefully how I spend my time. Every time I say yes to something that I don`t wanna do and something I do out of obligation, I feel like my soul gets filled with emptiness. I enjoy saying no to people more now, and it gives me this warm feeling of love for myself. 

Love is not entirely from romantic relationships. Love can be felt through friendships, deep conversations, love to myself, love that you show others and love that you give to the world. 

The right people will always come to you at the right time and you will always be alright. Don`t be afraid to share the wonderful gifts that you have to share with the world.

Deep compassion is something that you need to practice. The more you let go of judgement the more you heal internally.

Things you learn experience is so much  more valuable that certificates or degrees. Being wise only comes with age, and for that I'm very grateful. Looking forward to getting wiser each year. I actually like getting older.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Classroom to Learn Lessons or a Cosmic Joke?

  Same old unconscious patterns Same old drama you are too familiar with Same old manipulators pulling strings, thinking you can't see t...