Thursday, February 26, 2015

No time for friends?

That is what I have been accused of lately. In between work, studies, family commitments I simply haven`t been able to find time...or that's what I have been telling myself. To be honest I can make time if i make the effort. I even started taking a day or too off when i feel burnt-out. So why am i avoiding them?

Lectures........
Lectures about how a marriage should be and how a wife should behave.....!

All of my friends from school have been married for several years now, and they seem to have figured it out. When I complain they listen and give advice, yes  I shouldn't`t have complained in the first place but I do not belong to the 'traditional wife' generation. I need my space, I need to keep following my dreams and believe marriage is a choice not something to tolerate and most importanly that you should never ever base your happiness on another person.

I know they came running when I really needed them and some of them literally shook me back to reality when I was doing stupid things, but I just can`t handle dramatic conversations to mess up my head anymore. I fight so hard to keep my sanity and have a 'normal married life' according to my(our) terms and I just don`t have the mental energy to defend my position.

Am I being a bad friend?? hmmm don`t think so, I need to take care of myself and be sane before I can take care of them.

Anyway found this quote of Lisa Nichols...something to think about...

I have nothing to prove,
nothing to hide, 
nothing to defend  
and 
nothing to protect.
Repeat.
I have nothing to prove, hide, defend, or protect.
-Lisa Nicols

No comments:

Post a Comment

Classroom to Learn Lessons or a Cosmic Joke?

  Same old unconscious patterns Same old drama you are too familiar with Same old manipulators pulling strings, thinking you can't see t...