Monday, December 7, 2015

30 mns

I discovered Elizabeth Gilbert by accident, I can`t remember how but after reading her book 'committed' and listening to her interviews, I realized that everything she said touched my inner self. At a time when I was so 'disconnected' with myself , it was refreshing  getting to know myself once again (deciding to get married/getting married/moving/switching jobs/starting MBA within one year was enough to lose myself). In one of her blog posts she mentioned having a minimum of 30 mins everyday to follow your passion/feed your soul.... since daily we often forget about ourselves getting lost in routine work or serving other people.

I have been trying it out for few days now....... started doing yoga, simple meditative practices and re-started watching old TV series during 'my time' as well. I have to say, doing all of it brought me closer to myself and provided a bit more clarity about what I truly want to do in life. I think this 'disconnectedness with onself' is something many women go through since women have a tendency to be 'carers'.
Anyway I decided that the '30 min' advice is something I will definitely follow for the rest of my life.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely! Love the postsm been out of blogger for a while, so i'm enjoying catching up. Will check her out - thanks for the post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to hear from you :) yes, it's lovely to hear Elizabeth Gilbert talk - she is so authentic...

      Delete

Classroom to Learn Lessons or a Cosmic Joke?

  Same old unconscious patterns Same old drama you are too familiar with Same old manipulators pulling strings, thinking you can't see t...