Sunday, May 22, 2011

Time and space

 My brain has slowed down, instead of overanalyzing anything and everything, i`ve started to relax, understand and enjoy the moment.Hope this state of mind lasts longer. My mom is away for the weekend, i think this is the first time she went out on a trip leaving me and dad at home. she went with my sis-in-law`s(s-i-l) family which she loves and keeps telling me to find a guy with a family like that . Frankly i`m glad to stay at home, yes they are nice people but i just have to keep up this picture perfect appearance infront of them which is annoying . Plus whenever i`m around them i feel like the rebellious child and that its so wrong to be myself. thats what my parents and my s-i-l`s parents have in common, `children should do as they are told`-they should marry the person the parents want, make babies as soon as possible...etc...etc...and i can`t really have fun around them( s-i-l actually fell asleep at a concert and her sis was just sitting around and all i wanted was to get up on the chair and sing along with the crowd!! sigh..)

Just got off the phone with my cousin, she broke up with a guy she was engaged to, her parents and my mom of course was doing everything possible to make sure that happens, you know how parents use mental manipulation. I`m pretty sure if that guy was proposed by the parents they would do the same manipulative ways to make sure that she gets married to that dude.

I`m glad i`m immune to those traditional views(to a certain extent). I know now that i have to accept people for who they are, love them for who they are and that its ok to be myself. I`m enjoying the space i have in my life right now, downloading magazines, movies, tv series , documentaries (Inside the human body-pretty good actually, i sound geeky now)...i like losing myself in those characters,  well the less time spent worrying and overanalyzing, the better i feel :-)

2 comments:

  1. Glad you have that space where you can be you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. GS- yeah, and hope your new job is going well:-)

    ReplyDelete

Classroom to Learn Lessons or a Cosmic Joke?

  Same old unconscious patterns Same old drama you are too familiar with Same old manipulators pulling strings, thinking you can't see t...